These videos are great reference for both individual poses and strength of movement. I feel like Estefan should have a lot of these very quick, deliberate movements sandwiched with relatively long, strong poses.
(That's what happens when you drink too much and lose your hat.)
This one is a lot more slow-moving, which could work really well when things get dramatic.
This one has a greater emphasis on footwork. Does Estefan have shoes like this?
These are awesome! I want to go home and draw Estefan in some cooler poses now...
ReplyDeleteahhh! these are so great. I can't believe I didn't look up flamenco dancing before. Thanks for posting this!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome stuff!
ReplyDeleteI love how the guy in the third one looks like he is channeling THE flamingo...like, the bird itself. He is in another realm. He seems to have the same passion Estefan would have. Ditto to the first clip, too. Aaron, this blog post is golden.
ReplyDelete