Friday, January 14, 2011

Rough Environment

Just getting down some ideas and sharing.




Just playing with ideas for the general layout. I liked the idea for a sort of raised platform for where Estefan does his work, and thought instead of a cathedral type layout a more rounded colosseum type room for his 'stage' I think it would be neat if he gutted out the lower portion of the building and made it very sleek and clean like him, but there's still that older feel of the columns and viewing area above. I also think we could really play with the shape language, particularly in the arches and the columns. The hardest part for this one though is the positioning of the big Estefan poster, and I'm playing with a few more ideas so there's more to come.

I also like the idea of a long runway/walkway for him to walk down, almost like a matador making the long walk to the arena. I don't know. This is just brain barf really trying to get things down.

Anyway, hope that helps make sense of my scribbled ideas.

1 comment:

  1. The arena idea is fun, but it feels too much like a separate room. For the purposes of the story and establishing the scene quickly we need the salon to be viewed in it's entirety at a glance.

    ReplyDelete