Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Overhead view of Salon: interior layout idea

I thought it would be interesting for Estefan to have his own special chair surrounded by lights in a big rotunda-type section of the salon while the other hair-dressers just have a line of chairs.

Also, I like the idea of an open-door feel going straight to the outside.  Really open and cool and breezy, with the sunlight pouring in to the salon.  I guess this wouldn't work with the lights going out for the intro, but maybe we could work around it.

Thoughts..?

2 comments:

  1. I think the idea of having estefan's station in a separate and contrasting area is really great. I also like the asymmetrical shape of the room. We should sit down and brainstorm about the environment sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that was quick! I still need to get thoughts from Jeff on this but Lauren O and I think that Estefan having that big space could be really cool. The open entryways to the outside is a cool take too. The reception desk should be the closest thing to the door. I'll talk to Jeff about it also and get back with you.

    ReplyDelete